All APLD members agree to the standards of practice listed below:
- Advance landscape design through continuing professional education and the exchange of knowledge with colleagues.
- Utilize personal knowledge and skills for the greatest good of clients.
- Be truthful in oral or written statements about the services we offer clients.
- Encourage practices that protect the environment and discourage damage to our natural resources.
- Be loyal to clients or employers and faithfully perform assigned tasks.
- Avoid uninformed opinions on any issues relating to landscape design.
- Avoid unfounded statements or criticism of colleagues for personal gain.
- Encourage participation in public service activities to educate the public about good landscape design and sound horticultural practices.
- Conduct all matters relating to landscape design activities, business operations, and civic responsibilities in a way that promotes the status of landscape design as a respected profession.
NOT A MEMBER? Join APLD today!